More often than not, I prefer to just go with the flow. Without plans, without hassle. Just see what happens.
When I was twentysomething, creating a list about the things I want to do in life was considered. However, it was never taken seriously.
Being a perfectionist gets in the way with my plans, too. When I plan, I feel the need to make it work the way I wanted it. And when it doesn’t, it really pisses me off.
At the age of 31, I can say that I am satisfied with what I have achieved professionally. I am not difficult to please. I am happy even with the simplest things I can get. But I wondered about what else do I want to do? Just like the hypothetical question:
If you only have 6 months to live, what will you do?
So I thought, writing them down is just appropriate. You can write down everything and anything you want to do. It doesn’t exactly have a deadline. And you can always add or remove a thing or two when you want it. In short, it’s not so stressful coz it simply guides you.
I have listed the things I wish to do and experience:
- Travel – Visit other countries (Progress: 2)
- Get married (√)
- Have 1 child
- Learn Spanish – I’m not sure why but the language just really fascinates me
- Learn how to swim – I love the beach so much!
- Lose weight ( my belly fat ) – I want to look better and it helps boost confidence
- Learn to cook good food – I want to be more skillful in food tastes.
- Ride a hot air balloon – to conquer my fear of heights
- Go horseback riding – for the thrill
- Go ziplining – to conquer fear of heights
- Write a blog – (Progress: 6)
- Visit Disneyland – there’s always a child within us, right?
- Visit Universal Studios
- Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Orlando – a Potterhead here
- Start a business – still thinking but I’m interested in an online buy and sell business
- Try being a wedding coordinator – to satisfy the perfectionist in me (at least to my close relatives and immediate family members only)
- Continue drawing/sketching – a hobby I missed so much
- Get inked – 3 to 4 meaningful ones
- Ride a cable car – just wanna experience
- Learn how to drive – just wanna learn
- Learn how to ride a bike – when I was a child I was not so exposed with outdoor activities
- Go solo backpacking – to experience what it feels like
There you go. I know I may have changes or additions to this list in the future. But as of now, I’ll stick to what is achievable.