Truth be told, writing makes me lazy.
There seems to be so many things that’s going through my mind yet my fingers can’t seem to follow. At times, I just can’t find the exact words to use in a sentence. And the perfectionist in me easily gets frustrated whenever I can’t get things right.
So why the heck am I starting to write? What urged me to document and share my firsthand experiences?
I love to read. I seriously started loving to read when I was in my final year in college. Yes, you read it right. I had my review for board exams when I, out of the blue, just grabbed my seatmate’s book. It was the “Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban” book. Not that I was already a fan of HP at that time. But I was just so bored, I need something, anything else to do. Since then, I’ve grown to love not only HP but reading, as well.
Google and social media are easy to access nowadays (Of course, if you have good internet connection, hah!). Just type in and it gives you hundreds if not thousands of links.
I read anything that captures my interest. From write ups about my fave celebrities to stories of good Samaritans. From DIY’s to photo captions. But most of all, i love reading travel blogs, from tourist destinations to new hot spots around town.
Everytime I read those blogs, it feels like I am there too. One time, I visited a place and felt a deja vu, only to realize that I’ve read about the exact place before. Crazy, right? Yet amazing.
However, there are cases when you can’t seem to find the exact topic you really need. Similar but not the same.
In these instances, you have no other choice but to experience them firsthand with the guide of ‘the same but not quite’ experiences of others. And I felt the need to document my firsthand experiences not only to guide those who might need them but to tell others that it’s okay not to know everything. Just like writing or as we call it,’blogging’.
Sometimes you just need to take that big leap of faith. And be confident that eventually, everything will fall into it’s proper places.
Who are you, Queencloak?
- I am a 31 years old Cebuana/Filipina.
- I was born under the Aries zodiac sign in the year of the Wood Ox.
- I recently got married to my American husband.
- I am a nurse by profession and an educator by passion.
- I got my pen name/social media name from the old version of pottermore, the global digital publisher of Harry Potter and J.K Rowling’s Wizarding World (Wikipedia). When I first signed up, Pottermore provided me with a username. Yes, it’s none other than, Queencloak. And since then, I’ve been using it in most of my social media accounts.